Today we’re announcing a great update that we hope you will enjoy so much. There are news of all the flavours, featuring the return of the old body system, but renewed and adapted to today server’s needs, and a big update on bows and crossbows so they are usefull both in PvP and PvN. These are all the changes:
The socket system has been heavily modified. Please note there are some runes that will only change if they are inserted from now on, while there are others that have already changed even if they’re on a weapon.
- The Nox rune won’t poison on every stroke with close combat weapons, but it will on a percentage based on the Poisoning skill of the attacker (59% when 100.0 Poisoning, 70.0% when 120.0 Poisoning). Long-range weapons haven’t been modified. Also, this rune will be a bit harder to get from now on because it was mistakenly included on the group of the low level runes.
- The An rune will now give 20 Armor instead of 10. This change is only applied to the runes that aren’t inserted yet.
- The Bet rune will increase the durability of the weapon in 50 points instead of 15. This change is only applied to the runes that aren’t inserted yet.
- The In rune will increase in 4 the health recovered when healing with spells or bandages instead of 2.
- The Jux rune will give +10 Intelligence instead of +5. This change is only applied to the runes that aren’t inserted yet.
- The Lor rune will give +10 Evaluating Intelligence instead of its previous effect.
- The Rel rune will now void the Necromancy spells when hitting instead of its previous effect. This change is only applied to the runes that aren’t inserted yet.
- The Quas rune will now give +20 Fencing. This change is only applied to the runes that aren’t inserted yet.
- The Tyn rune will now give +20 Macefighting. This change is only applied to the runes that aren’t inserted yet.
- The Xen rune will now give +20 Swordsmanship. This change is only applied to the runes that aren’t inserted yet.
- The amethist will now give twice as strength as before. This change is only applied to the runes that aren’t inserted yet.
- And last, the Amber will now have a higher chance of making a critical hit (ignoring armor) than before.
Also, the Quartz Glass will have a new utility. A professional Blacksmith will be able to strenthen up to 3 times a weapon using Quartz of any quality. Better the quality of the quartz is, better the strengthen will be. A strengthen weapon will increase its durability, allowing to get much durable weapons using good quality quartz. You can see if a weapon has been strenthen using Arms Lore over it (you’ll need 100 Arms Lore).
We’ll continue with some small changes:
- The Mirror Shield armor has been increased from 36 to 38.
- The level of the Elemental Wizard has been slightly lowered.
- The Archangelical and Possessed Barbarian armors have been improved to set them between Elven and Demonic armors.
And now there we go with the really important news.
- We’ve added a new armor chest called Tourmel Chest of the Cruelty which will be crafted with 30 Tourmel and a Diablo’s Scale, item that you’ll get sometimes by killing Diablo. This chest will need 140 Blacksmithing and 110 Arms Lore to be crafted, and will be linked forever to the first player who equips it. For each different player the user kills while equipping it, the Tourmel Chest of the Cruelty will give 1 extra point of magic armor. The chest can be repaired just like any other item and will disappear if a different player than the player who’s linked to equips it.
- From now on there will be 3 new mounts that will appear randomly around the world: Raptor, Chocobo and Manticore.
- He’ve reinstalled the old body system, but adapted to the server of today. You can read how it works on the WIki: http://www.worldofdread.com/wikiwod/index.php?title=Body_System
It’s highly recommended to read and understand the article on the Wiki because this is a huge and important change. Respecting the usefulness of the dexterity, it will be as useful as before and while you opened wounds so far, now you’ll make a critical hit damaging 3 times at once on the body of your opponent.
And the last change we’re sure you’ll receive with wide open arms. It is a great update on Archery:
- We’ve added Ebony Wood Bow and Ebony Wood Crossbow, which will be crafted with Ebony Wood and will need powered-up Bowcrafting.
- Bows and Crossbows now will make a higher damage to other players.
- Bows and Crossbows will now make lower damage to monsters, but all of them can now be killed using long-ranged weapons.
- When chaning a weapon from close-combat to long-ranged the delay will be one second higher than before. This is not applied if you change between close-combat or between long-ranged weapons, where the delay is 2 seconds like before.
- Elves will now have a bonus of +20% damage using bows.
- Drows will now have a bonus of +20% damage using crossbows.
- Half-Elves and Amazons will now have a bonus of +15% damage using bows and +15% damage using crossbows.
Ant that’s the list of changes. We hope your comments, as always, in our forum, and hope you enjoy them so much.