We have been active for more than 11 years. We would like you to try our Free to Play Medieval MMORPG. Our experience and hard work is our best presentation chart. We could tell you a lot of things about, according to many, the best Ultima Online server, but the most important reason to start playing with us are our players and, as a tribute for his years of loyalty, they are who you should read first >here<
Do you want to start to play right now? Click on How to Play in World of Dread.
|New Dungeon: Deceit posted by Belthazor on 10-12-2013 20:52|
|After a lot of waiting and a lot of work, it's our pleasure to announce the renewed Deceit Dungeon. In this new Dungeon you'll find new puzzles, new challenges and new enemies to fight. The Dungeon is intended to be completed between 3 and 5 players, and the key to complete it is to be
thoughtful and not miss any detail.
Are you ready to be deceived?
|Spend with us the night of the living dead posted by Belthazor on 27-10-2013 22:45|
|On Thursday, October 31st from 22:30 to celebrate the night of the living dead with a big party full of events and surprises. If you are late, go to the Tournaments Arena to join the party.
All players who are in the Tournaments Arena at 22:30 with a costume will get a prize. In order to get the prize you will have to dress up specially for Halloween.
After a little costume parade there will be several events, including a 1vs1 tournament with a special prize of 3 months of Premium membership for the winner, and one month of Premium membership for the runner-up. This will be a matched tournament: All players will use the same equipment for the fights. There will also be a second 1vs1 tournament which is open to all players who have been here for less than six months. The winner of this tournament will get one month of Premium membership.
Come and spend a scary night with us!
|New buildings posted by Belthazor on 04-10-2013 23:11|
|As we had already announced, there are new buildings available. We are pleased to present three new buildings that will be available in the regular vendors, and three new buildings that you can get by donation.
New buildings that you can buy in an architect:
New buildings that you can get by donation:
More info in the Donation Items section.
|New house taxes system posted by Belthazor on 08-09-2013 04:47|
|We announced it a long time ago, but we've been prioritizing other things that we considered more important. The evolution of the economy required this new system now, so we shouldn't delay it anymore. Here is the new taxes system.
With the new taxes sytem those players that have several houses, using everyones space, will pay more, and also those that have more items than the house limit. The houses that are placed in free-taxes areas won't count for the extra of having several houses, as they're not in a public area. The price of the biggest houses (Tower, Stone Keep and Castle) have been increased.
This will be the extra prices for having several houses:
1 house: The same taxes as before
2 houses: an extra 10%
3 houses: an extra 30%
4 houses: an extra 60%
5 houses: an extra 100%
6 houses: an extra 150%
7 houses or more: an extra 200%
So, players that have 7 or more houses will pay the triple in taxes (basic tax and number of items) than before. Those who have only one house won't notice any change, and those who have 2 or 3 houses will notice a slight change.
When overpassing the allowed house item limit, for each item that overpasses the limit you will pay 2 gold coins per day. The tax before was 1 gold coin per day.
With this new system we hope the players will start using the houses in a more reasonable way, as there are a lot of players with more than 5 houses. If someone wants to mantain more than 5 houses at least he will help to improve the game's economy.
To avoid all the problems with the new taxes system we've installed a new information menu. When you press on "Refresh this house" in the house menu, you will se a new menu with each element you have to pay to refresh the house listed point by point.
Also, we've included a new Armament Chest: The Extra Armament Chest. This new chest also will allow to mantain weapons and armors withouth being worn, and the items inside won't count for the house items count. You can have all the Extra Armament Chest you want, but mantaining this chest will cost 150.000 gold coins per month, which will be paid when refreshing the house. You can buy this chest's deed for 150.000 gold coins in the House Items Stone, in the Market. We hope that this new add-on will help to improve the economy also.
At last, we want to announce that this new taxes sytem will allow us to add new houses. We will have very soon new houses that you will be able to get in one out of these three ways:
- In the architect, for a higher price than the Castle
- New exclusive houses that will be purchased by donation
- Through auctions in the forum or ingame (and this house model could only be purchased this way)
We will offer more news very soon about the new houses, and also more new features.
|New client version posted by Belthazor on 03-09-2013 21:50|
|We've released an update for our client. After so much time working finally we call this new version 1.0, as it has improved so much the previous client.
The improvements in this new version are:
New status bar for things that affect the player (Buff and Debuff bar). In this new bar you will be able to see spells and other status that are affecting your player. This bar can be used in 4 different shapes on screen and you can open it from the new button installed in the player Status.
New animation when our player dies, showing a black screen similar to the original game, which will make a much better effect.
Now the skills dialog will be opened automatically if it was opened when the game was closed.
Other small improvements and bug fixes.
We hope you like this new release. We will be with new improvements soon.
|New bridge in Cove posted by Belthazor on 26-08-2013 15:47|
|We've added a new entrance to the city of Cove (Red Moongate). Now there is a new bridge that allows to enter and leave the city. We expect that this allow you to create new strategies to attack the city and add fun for all of you. Enjoy!
|Server update posted by Belthazor on 25-08-2013 20:51|
|Tonight we are moving to a more powerful server. The change should have take around 15 minutes, but due to a technical problem it will take a bit longer. During this night the service will be ready again. Please, sorry for the inconveniences.
Update: The server is back up and running. Enjoy!
|New staple goods Merchant posted by Belthazor on 24-06-2013 03:03|
|We've added a new Merchant to the Market. This Merchant will buy and sell staple goods depending on the supply and demand.
This is, at the moment, a pilot experiment. We'll try it for a time and see how the Merchant works buying and selling Full Spellbooks. If it works as expected we will add soon more items to the list.
|The Premium Guild Membership is here! posted by Belthazor on 04-06-2013 11:16|
|The Premium Guild Membership is something that a lot of players have been waiting for a long time. It is ready now!
With the Premium Guild Membership your guild will enjoy a list of advanced features that will improve your game experience. For example, you will be able to play private events (1vs1, 2vs2, Capture the Flag and Bomberman) in your Tournaments Arena, the guildmaster will be able to manage the guild in a more efficient way and you will get some new things as the Guild Vendor or the Guild Chest.
You can check the full feature list here: Premium Guild Membership Features.
We hope you like it!
|Update posted by Belthazor on 30-05-2013 00:01|
|We've made a small update which include the following:
- It won't be possible to hit while casting Necromancy now. It will be still possible to get hits without the spell being fizzled, but now your player won't hit your enemy while casting a Necromancy Spell.
- We've made a change in the Guild Wars to be more funny: Instead of being won by the guild which has the castle captured most of the time, now the time won't have the same value during the event. At the beginning the time will count less and in the end the time will count more.
- We've added four more potions which will be made with Cooking Powered up. These potions will allow the player or an animal to be more time without eating. While the potion is in effect the hungry level won't be lowered. These potions will be made with Batwings, Garlic, Blood Moss, Ginseng and Mandrake Root. There will be 4 different models:
Lesser Subsistence Potion: it will allow to remain 2 days without eating and needs Cooking powered up to 105 and Alchemy to 120 to be made.
Subsistence Potion: it will allow to remain 3 days without eating and needs Cooking powered up to 110 and Alchemy to 120 to be made.
Great Subsistence Potion: it will allow to remain 4 days without eating and needs Cooking powered up to 115 and Alchemy to 120 to be made.
Greater Subsistence Potion: it will allow to remain 5 days without eating and needs Cooking powered up to 120 and Alchemy to 120 to be made.
We hope you like the update!
|New version for our client posted by Belthazor on 18-03-2013 08:26|
|We've launched a new version of our client (Beta 12). This version has a great new changes, fixed errors and suggestions you've made. These are the most important new things that include this version:
- Improved the animation for some NPCs which sometimes appeared invisible for a while.
- Added the option to show the status bars points in a percentage. You can configure this option from the Interface tab separately for your own player and all other characters.
- Now if you open two crafting menus or other menus, the previous (which are not longer useful) will disappear from the screen instead of remain opened.
- Minor improvements in the emoticons system. For exmaple, you can now insert an emoticon in the text by clicking it in the options.
- You can now use comments in Eenas and Entrenador (with //).
- Some reported errors fixed.
We hope you like the news!
|New donation item and a promotion posted by Belthazor on 21-02-2013 03:23|
|We've just launched a new donation item. It is the "Donation Enchantments Chest". It can store up to 5 enchantments and save them safely. When you store an enchantment inside the chest, it will lose one use, but it won't lose any new use while it is inside, even if your character dies. You can find more information in the Donation Items section.
We've launched a new promotion also. On Wednesday 27th we will launch a new item that was already announced time ago: The Herbalist Chest. This chest will store and keep safe all kinds of plants that you can find in the server. This item will be released at a retail price of 15 euros, but players who reserve it until Tuesday 26th (inclusive) can take advantage of a launch offer that is to receive a special edition of the item, with the name in a different color, and also a donation check with a value of 5 euros, for the same price that the item will have after launch (15 euros).
We hope you like the news!
|Upgrades in some races posted by Belthazor on 18-02-2013 06:46|
|We've made some changes in these races:
- Now they will damage a 10% more with weapons and a 10% less with magery.
- All the 4 kinds of armors that they can use have been upgraded.
- They will receive a bonus of +10 to Strength when they are inside a dungeon.
- They had a bonus of +5 Strength when using sword and shield so far. Now they will get a +10 Strength bonus when using a sword, nevermind if it is one-handed or two-handed.
- They will get a +10 Strength bonus when using a sword, nevermind if it is one-handed or two-handed.
We hope you like this update!
|10th Anniversary Collector's Edition Item posted by Belthazor on 13-02-2013 17:43|
|Collectors are in luck! To mark the 10th anniversary of our Ultima Online server we are going to launch a collector's edition item that will be limited to only 30 units. These units will be numbered and the serial number will be visible in the item name.
If this initiative is successful, we will do it again in the coming weeks with more items.
The presentation and the auction of the firsts units will be held on Friday 15th at 16:00 (GMT +1) in the Hall of Justice. The items that are not auctioned at this time will be sold at a fixed price through a stone in the Gates Room.
Get ready with your bags of gold!
|New level in the Treasures and a new monster posted by Belthazor on 07-02-2013 19:29|
|We're glad to announce a new level in the Treasures. This level will be harder than the previous ones, and also will have better prizes. As a new feature, the weapons and armor obtained in these treasures will always have at least a +1 bonus.
We want to announce a new monster too: the Giant Squid. The maps of the new treasure level can be obtained, at the moment, as a prize in the Giant Squid and also in the Gloomy Dungeon.
|Christmas tree placement instructions posted by Belthazor on 16-12-2012 04:37|
|As every year, we offer the possibility to place a Christmas tree in your house and get a present.
Everyone who places a Christmas tree in their house will get a present on Three Kings Day, 6th January. To get this present the placement of the tree should comply with the following rules:
- The Christmas tree can be bought and placed until 1st January, included.
- The tree should be placed inside the house, not in the surroundings. Every tree found placed outside a house will be removed.
- Only one tree per house. If there are two trees inside the same house neither of them will get a present.
- Place the tree, if you can, in a house where only you can access, because if someone enters and get the present you won't be able to recover it.
- To avoid that people who haven't placed their tree get a present, or a player getting two presents, there are security measures: The item will appear with its owner name, so it can't be transfered and only the true owner can use it.
You can get your deed to place a Christmas tree in the white stone in the center of the Gates Room. Only one tree is allowed per player and its price is 5000 gold coins.
We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
|New version for our client: Beta 11 posted by Belthazor on 16-12-2012 03:49|
|In this new version, the last Beta we have in mind, we have included a lot of upgrades.
- The efficiency of the graphics engine have been improved by a 30%, so it should flow even better than before.
- We have added a new resolution: 720x540, This is a intermediate resolution between the two most used, for those of you who have requested it.
- And last, the great new: Now you can use smileys ingame! We recently became the first Ultima Online server to be fully translated to two languages, and now we became in the first server in history offering smileys ingame.
We hope you like it!
|November news posted by Belthazor on 14-11-2012 04:04|
|Here we have some news that for sure you will like. They're these:
- Now in the Guild Wars all the items from the corpses of the death players will go to one of the castle's chests. All these items can be got by the Guild War winner at midnight of the next day, so the prize got in the Guild War will be much better.
- The Bomberman and the Matched 1vs1 Tournaments have been installed in the monthly schedule.
- The items crafted by the professional tailors will have more resistance, apart from the previous bonuses.
- There is a new menu in the key rings to choose to get the keys one by one, or all at a time.
- There is a new menu in the Armor Dyer which allows the Premium Members to configure each zone of the body separately. This menu can be used double clicking the Armor Dyer.
And finally, for the Fight Club:
- There are new options to coinfigure if Donation Organizers and Portable Banks can be used in a fight.
- There is a new board to sign up and wait for a challenge, without being present. When someones challenges you in the board, you will se a message to go to the Club.
- Now a gate will appear near to your rival's corpse when you win the fight which will allow you to return to the Fight Club immediately. The time to loot the corpse has been increased up to two minutes because now you can exit at any time through the gate.
Hope you like them all!
|Spend with us the night of the living dead posted by Belthazor on 29-10-2012 21:41|
|On Wednesday, October 31 from 22:00 to celebrate the night of the living dead with a big party full of events and surprises. Among other things, we will present a new funny event for sure you will like. If you are late, go to the Tournaments Arena to join the party.
All players who are in the Tournaments Arena at 22:00 with a costume will get a prize. In order to get the prize you will have to go disguised specially for Halloween.
After a little costume parade there will be several events, including a 1vs1 tournament with a special prize of 3 months of premium membership for the winner, and one month of premium membership for the runner-up. This will be a matched tournament: All players will use the same equipment for the fights. There will also be a second 1vs1 tournament which is open to all players who have been here for less than six months. The prizes will be the same of the absolute tournament.
Come and spend a scary night with us!
|News for the 10th Anniversary! posted by Belthazor on 09-10-2012 07:30|
|As we promised, we are going to present some changes to celebrate the server's 10th Anniversary.
The list of changes is as follows:
- The complete translation of the game into English, which was already presented.
- Changes in the absolute potions:
- Changes in Blacksmithing:
- From now, the Runes can only be marked once. With this we want to push this item's market, because from now this will be a perishable item and cannot be used without limit.
- Wounds System
- From now, the winners of a 1vs1 Tournament will get 1000 points of fame, and each member of the couple winner of a 2vs2 Tournament will get 500 points of fame.
- A new monster has been added with a Crossbow as its weapon.
- The prizes of the Gloomy Dungeon have been improved considerably.
- The prizes of the Shame Dungeon and the Champions have been improved a bit.
We hope you like this news list, and you enjoy it a lot!
|World of Dread, 10th Anniversary posted by Belthazor on 01-10-2012 19:28|
|We're proud to announce the complete translation of the server to English. With this, we are the first server in history in offering the game at 100% in two languages. Gone are months of hard work to get this awesome release ready for the anniversary. We release too our new web, www.worldofdread.com, which will be our English page, while www.uowod.com will continue to be our Spanish page.
Let the 10th World of Dread Anniversary be inaugurated with this! In the following days we'll announce some new releases that we're working on. Stay tuned, since during the next two weeks we will make extra events at any time of the day.
Happy 10th Anniversary WoD!
|Little changes posted by Belthazor on 08-08-2012 05:03|
|Attending to your suggestions in the forum, we have made some changes:
- It have been added a limit of 3 moongates every 20 minutes to be opened with the runebook and with destination to Red Moongate
It has also been added two little changes in the races:
- From now on, the Humans will heal himself a 20% more using the Heal and Greater Heal spells, whether themselves or to other players.
- The Vampires will also obtain the +15 Strength bonus by sucking Amazon’s blood. In the past, this bonus can only be obtained by sucking Barbarian’s blood.
We keep on working to bring you some new stuff soon. Hope you like it!
|New World of Dread T-Shirts posted by Belthazor on 01-08-2012 22:58|
|The 10th Anniversary in World of Dread is near. It's an historic moment for us and we are very proud to have made it this far. From the first to the last player, each of you has set your bit to let us continue to offer a lot of fun and good moments to remember. Because of this great event, we wonder... how can we surprise the community this time?
We have some surprises prepared, but one of them is now available. After several weeks of preparation, it gives us great pleasure to present the new World of Dread T-Shirt! We love its design, what about you?
|New Donation Checks and Youth Guild posted by Belthazor on 06-06-2012 18:37|
|The donation checks had been suggested a few weeks ago in the forum. They have finnaly been added to the Donation items list, and you can see the features in the same section.
Also we have added a new posibility for the Guilds. This is the Youth Guild. The features of the Youth Guild are the following:
- Guild Stone managed only by the Leader of the main guild.
- Guild chat linked to the main guild chat (it is necessary that the main guild has guild chat)
- Limit of 20 members on the stone.
- The youth guild members can participate with the main guild in the events.
- But they can not open magic doors or other properties of the main guild.
We have added the youth guilds with a very reduced launch price, that will be available only for a limited time.
|We present the new Fight Club posted by Belthazor on 01-06-2012 19:59|
|The Fight Club is inaugurated! In this exclusive Club, the players can get totally fair 1vs1 fights, in a place where they can show their capacity in combat. Inside the club, they will be strict behaviour rules, that all of the members will have to respect.
The Fight Club is placed in the Recreation Zone, in the Fight Club Tavern, where Hadley the tavernkeeper is. To sign in the club, you just have to ask Hadley and he will give you the instructions.
This will be a place to fight quietly, where disturbing other players is forbidden. You can fight with other members of the Fight Club in a town of your choice (as long as the town is free and there isn't other combat in that moment at the town).
Inside the Club there will be a Weekly Ranking, that will be visible only by the club members. It will not be any prize for winning this Ranking, except the honor of have leaded the PvP during the week
As we already have talked in the forum, the Premium Users can suscribe free in the club. The rest of players can suscribe also, paying 200.000 coins every month.
The Fight Club will not be open permanently: It will not be able to fight while there is an oficial event on course or while there is activity in the Red Moongate. The idea is that you can go to this place when there is not activity in other place, but not that you stay in this place permanently.
We hope that you like this new incorporation, and that you have much fun with it!
|We have inaugurated the Guild PvP Championship posted by Belthazor on 24-05-2012 23:16|
|The Guild PvP Championship that we've waiting for so long have started!
The championship rules can be found here: Guild PvP Championship rules
Each stage of the championship will last 10 days, and there will be a total of 5 rounds (3 of the group stage, semi-finals and final / third and fourth position).
The guilds that will fight the first stage are the following:
In the Group 1, Guardianes del Equilibrio vs. Dinasty of Herrera
In the Group 2, Dark Angels vs. Eje del Mal
You can watch the results of the combats in the stone that is placed at the Tournaments Arena. We will keep you informed of the results via the forum and the social networks.
Let the fight begin!