Ultima Online

::  :: View next topic :: View previous topic :: 

Jump to:   

Suggestion about weapons, insurance and donation merchant.
Author
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2015, 16:49
kavin2601
Novato

I play since almost 2 years and after talking a lot with some players, I have some suggestions:

1- About the insurance system... I dont know if its a script error... I took an insurance on my Crys. Later I went shopping around Britain so I let the Crys in my bank to not loose it if I die. While I was shopping, i got killed. When I returned at the bank my insurance on the Crys has cancelled even if it was in the bank... I lost 17k for nothing. It would be nice if the insure applies only if you have the item on you when you die. The items in your bank would stay insured if you die.

2- Also it would be nice if it would be possible to buy a «inloot enchantment» to make a weapon or a piece of armor inloot... for lets say 2 or 3 millions ingame gold for example.
If good weapon cost 1 million for example... if you insure it, it cost also 1 million... so if you die 2 times using this good weapon, you loose 2 millions$... ITS MONTHS OF GAMING.
And I think the weapons worn and loose their sharpening too fast... 3 hours of dungeon scrap a weapon and it takes weeks to find somebody to repair it...

3-It would be nice if the donation merchant would sell more items and if they could change more often... and if it would has more than 1 avalaible of each.
I mean not just the items that players sold.
Some items are for sale since almost 2 years at the donation merchant...
It should has more interesting things to buy with ingame money...
The '1 million dollar weapons' dont really worth it and the stats are very expensives... for 5 millions$(that takes years to earn), you get 5 stats points that dont help your attack that much.

Thanks and have a nice day Smile
Tell me if you have any questions...
Reply with quoteBack to top

Author
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 1:23
kavin2601
Novato

The donation merchant should always has at least a Ethereal Horse for sale...

Author
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2015, 3:02
Belthazor
Administrador
Administrador

Hello, sorry for the delay posting, this forum is not having a lot of population these days.

1.- An insurance is when you pay to be sure you will be indemnified if a risk comes true. If the risk finally doesn't come true you have paid the insurance beforehand, and that's how the insurances work. You know you won't lose the weapon if it is insured and you die, but where the weapon is in that moment not a part of the contract. Think for example a player that knows he is going to die. It would be as easy as getting the items to the bank and he wouldn't lose neither money nor the item.

2.- The insurance auto-renewal is for that scenario. You don't pay 2 or 3 millions beforehand but pay exactly for the times you die while the item is insured.

3.- The donation merchant is not used now because the people who want to buy donation items with ingame gold buy donation checks to other players, and then use those donation checks to order the items they want. If you have the money and want to buy some donation checks you can ask other players on the ingame Market.

Have fun!

::  :: View next topic :: View previous topic :: 

Jump to: