::  :: View next topic :: View previous topic :: 

Jump to:   

not sure where to post this
Author
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 4:58
the_dude
Novato

hey all,

i'm the dude. long time uo player but newbie to this server. i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i have an issue where i can only play for a few minutes at a time before my client crashes.

i am using chrUbuntu - which is the chromebook respin of ubunutu - which is likely part of the problem. if any other linux users have experienced issues and know how to fix them, it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply with quoteBack to top

Author
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 22:59
Belthazor
Administrador
Administrador

Hello,

I'm surprised that you've managed to run the game in Ubuntu. We can't give any support on Linux because we would need to have the game installed on a Linux machine to test it and give you some advice. If you get some error uploead a screenshot so we can see the error and see if it can be fixed somehow.

Anyways, the best option would be to install Windows in another partition in your system.

Author
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 3:07
the_dude
Novato

Belthazor wrote:
Hello,

I'm surprised that you've managed to run the game in Ubuntu. We can't give any support on Linux because we would need to have the game installed on a Linux machine to test it and give you some advice. If you get some error uploead a screenshot so we can see the error and see if it can be fixed somehow.

Anyways, the best option would be to install Windows in another partition in your system.

hey belthazor,

thanks for replying. i have attached pictures from the last time it crashed. unfortunately, this is a chromebook laptop so i can't install a windows partition. i also am not a big fan of micro$oft, so i refuse to give them any money.

[img]http://imgur.com/TFe3isv,bEUQp9B#1[/img]
[img]http://imgur.com/TFe3isv,bEUQp9B[/img]

here are my issues. as i said in the last post, i am able to play for a few minutes, then it freezes up and i get those two messages, in that order.

i understand that y'all don't have a linux test machine. but i am happy to help if i can in any way. i have a background working in information technology but it was the networking side, very little to do with the programming side. [/img]

Author
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 9:12
Belthazor
Administrador
Administrador

Our client has it's own error reporting system and it is not spawning, so it should be a problem with the emulator. Otherwise the error reporting system would spawn and you would be able to report the error.

I'm surprised you have been able to play even a few minutes with Linux and a Chromebook. I'm not sure if the Chromebook has the minimum requirements to run our client even in Windows, so if you add the emulator to the equation it is harder to achieve.

I'm sorry I cannot be helpful with this issue. If I can help you in anything else, please let me know.

Author
PostPosted: 13 May 2014, 23:09
Mawkes
Novato

the_dude wrote:
hey all,

i am using chrUbuntu - which is the chromebook respin of ubunutu - which is likely part of the problem. if any other linux users have experienced issues and know how to fix them, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I just created this forum account exactly for this error. I too am using a linux distro (Ubuntu) and I too get this same treatment when attempting to play on WoD.

I am able to stay connected for a longer period of time, but as soon as I leave the safe zone my game freezes and then crashes with the same errors as you posted in your pictures.

I assume it's a fault in the client when it tries to verify the version but fails because of the different environment in Linux (due to wine in this case I assume).

Furthermore, it is impossible to start the macro utilities from the systray, as would be possible on windows.

I think that fixing this issue is quite some work. It would require rewriting some of the code of the client to support the environment in linux, something I highly doubt will happen. Which is too bad.. Smile

Author
PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 17:44
Belthazor
Administrador
Administrador

It may be due to the higher amount of items outside the newbie area. In a Windows enviroment the client can handle 100 times as many items as there are outside the newbie village, but the emulator can be freezing due to this. I'm sorry I can't help with this issue, but the client was designed to run on Windows only and porting it to other OS would have really high costs which we can't afford.

::  :: View next topic :: View previous topic :: 

Jump to: